Re: Database over multiple drives

От David Lizano
Тема Re: Database over multiple drives
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can't do it with Postgres. To do it, Postgres must implement
"tablespaces" to spread the database in different localizations (who can be
different physical localizations, of course). Then a table can be assigned
to a tablespace.

If the RDBMS implements partitions also, you can distribute a table (by
rows) in different tablespaces. Of course it can improve the perfomance by
reducing the I/O operations.