Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC

От Chad R. Larson
Тема Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
At 12:48 PM 8/14/02 , Nick Fankhauser wrote:
>Then I tried changing "smart" to "fast", and did the same two tests. The
>results were exactly the same, so apparently "fast" mode does not forcibly
>disconnect clients as the Docs state.

As best I can tell, with "smart" the backend waits for the connection to go
away, "fast" waits for the current transaction to complete and then exits,
and with "immediate" the backend croaks right away (forcing a rollback and
recovery on the next start up).

If your Java servlet has requested some transaction that takes a =very=
long time to run, you'd see what you see.

         -crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad@eldocomp.com
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100

Сообщение: Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC
Сообщение: Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC