Re: Performance Problem Index Ignored, but why

От Naomi Walker
Тема Re: Performance Problem Index Ignored, but why
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm not sure how well this works in Postgres.  For Informix, we could trick
the optimizer into using an index with something like:

Select colname from table where colname !=NULL.

Specifically mentioning the column in the query was the trick.  In esql/C,
there were return parameters that then told you how many rows were found.