Re: Last inserted id

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: Last inserted id
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
At 09:55 12/11/01 +0000, you wrote:
>'Cos that's not safe either - you might get multiple rows inserted at the
>same time - unlikely, but certainly possible.

In most cases a simple timestamp is enough because you add some other
parameter to you query (ex:company name, or whatever field you inserted).
For example, if you insert values with First_name=Dave, Second_name=Page,
Timestamp=current time and query the resulting row, there is *very little*
chance to get rows from other users.

I guess this is the recommended way (see Access howto).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel