Last inserted id

От Simeo Reig
Тема Last inserted id
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
 Hi, I have this simple code that uses ADO to insert a row in a test table
 with a serial id and a varchar,
 after insert I can obtain varchar's value but I *can't* obtain id's value
of
 this record. What I'm doing wrong ??
 Thanks!

 *Table definition:

     mydatabase-# \d societats;
          idsocietat    | integer               | not null default
 nextval('"societats_idsocietat_seq"'::text)
          nomsocietat   | character varying(50) |
          capitalsocial | double precision      | default 0

 *Postgres 7.1.3 under FreeBSD 4.4

 *VB code

 Private Sub Command3_Click()

   ' Dims omited
    Set Cnxn = New ADODB.Connection
    strCnxn = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data
 Source=mysource"
    Cnxn.Open strCnxn
    Set rstEmployees = New ADODB.Recordset
    strSQL = "societats"

    rstEmployees.Open strSQL, strCnxn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic,
 adCmdTable

    strFirstName = Trim(InputBox("Put name:"))
    rstEmployees.AddNew
         rstEmployees!nomsocietat = strFirstName
    rstEmployees.Update

    ' Show the newly added data
     MsgBox "New record: " & rstEmployees!idsocietat & " " &
 rstEmployees!nomsocietat

     '''''rstEmployees!idsocietat returns nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

       rstEmployees.Close
    Cnxn.Close
    Set rstEmployees = Nothing
    Set Cnxn = Nothing