От Zhiqiang Feng
Тема ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all,

I am new to postgreSQL. I have installed postgreSQL 7.1.3-2 on Linux 7.2.
If I login as root (administrator) and change user as postgres I can create
database on /usr/local/pgsql/data which I created and changed its owner as
postgres.

root# mkdir usr/local/pgsql/data
root# chown postgres /usr/local/pgsql/data
root# su postgres
bash-2.3# initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
bash-2.3# postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data > logfile 2 >&1 &
bash-2.3# createdb testdb
bash-2.3# psql testdb

However, when I login as a normal linux user I cannot create database. So
it is a user management problem.

zf2linux# createdb mydb
FATAL 1: user 'zf2linux' does not exist

I have tried to create a user of zf2linux in postgreSQL but the error still
occurs.

If I try to change to postgres from zf1linux it asks for password.

zf2linux# su postgres
password: ******
incorrect password.

My pg_hba.conf is left as the default format:

local         all                            trust
host         all     127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255        trust

I must miss something before I allow other users to access the postgreSQL
server and account. Could you please help me with the problem?

Thanks for your attention and will sum.

Geoff