Database Restore

От Serge Sozonoff
Тема Database Restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all,

I have the following scenario.

1 Linux server (Server A) running Postgres compiled with the standard
BLCKSZE of 8Kb

1 Linux server (Server B) running Postgres compiled with a 32kb BLCKSZE in
the include/config.h file.

A 90 Table database sitting on server A that needs to get to Server B.

I tried doing a pg_dump of the database on Server A and restoring it on
Server B by doing a "psql -e publiflex < db.backup" but
this always fails due to special characters in the dump so basically this
method of backup and
restore does not work for me (unless I am missing something ?)

Second I tried to copy all the binaries in the database dir on Server A to
Server B.
This does not seem to work either and I think it is because of the
BlockSize that is different on each server.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks, Serge
! Serge Sozonoff               !
! http://www.skiphotos.ch  !