Fwd: Re: fun with postgresql

От Ruben Fagundo
Тема Fwd: Re: fun with postgresql
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] Fwd: Re: fun with postgresql  ("J Carlos Morales Duarte." <jcmd@acer.com.mx>)
Список pgsql-admin
Does anyone have any idea why this happened ?

I'm having trouble with postgresql.  My script tries to do this:

my $sql = "insert into people (firstName, lastName, Email)
values ($V{'firstname'}, $V{'lastname'}, $V{'MAILTO'})";

but it gets the error:  DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: Attribute don not
found .  'don' is the firstName value that I'm trying to insert.  Even in
psql I get similar weirdness:

postgres=> select firstName, lastName, Email from people \g
ERROR:  attribute 'firstname' not found
postgres=> select firstName from people \g
ERROR:  attribute 'firstname' not found
postgres=> select Email from people \g
ERROR:  attribute 'email' not found

But 'select * from people' works.

What am I missing?  Is there a case-sensitivity issue?  I'm using the case
for the field names that I see with a '\d people'

There are some strange things happening.  In the past, I also updated a table, but didn't see the changes until the
postgreswas restarted.  It seems like some things were coming from a cache that had not gotten refreshed.  Anyone see
anyof these weird things before ?

Ruben
Ruben Fagundo
T:617/244-6136