Re: Automatic shutdown from Linux.

От David W Noon
Тема Re: Automatic shutdown from Linux.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday 09 May 2003 13:26 in <002601c31626$229da170$6401a8c0@lcshost>,
dlangschied (dlangschied@ameritech.net) wrote:

> I would like to automate the shutdown of my postgres database, just as I
> do with my startup.

I wrote a start-up and shutdown script to be placed in /etc/init.d and
symlinked into /etc/init.d/rc?.d, where "?" is your init run-level. There
is also a small configuration script to be placed in /etc/sysconfig. You,
or anybody else, may have a copy of them. These have been tested on SuSE
8.1 Pro, but should work on most other LINUX distros too.

[If you are running W******, just ignore this follow-up.]

--
Regards,

Dave