Re: fsync off without a restart

От Marco Bizzarri
Тема Re: fsync off without a restart
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Valentin Bogdanov <valiouk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have got a script that is inserting, updating heavily at the moment. So, I want to turn fsync off to speed things
upbut I don't want to interrupt the script.

> If I do `postgresql reload` or `kill -HUP postmaster_pid` woudl that apply the fsync change? By the way, I have
alreadytried it and seems that it has worked.

> But I have got another question. On my debian system I have got `postgresql force-reload`. How does that differ from
theplain reload? And what does it actually do under the hood?

If you're referencing to the init script (/etc/init.d/postgresql-XXX),
then they should be the same stuff.

Regards
Marco

--
Marco Bizzarri
http://iliveinpisa.blogspot.com/

От: "Mahabaleshwarkar, Niraj (Niraj)"
Сообщение: Service goes to maintenance state when stopping postgres
От: "Abraham, Danny"
Сообщение: winsock error 10061 on Vista