Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 6:52 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that in previous discussions of Streaming Replication,
> Heikki put forward the proposition that the standby server should be
> able to connect to the primary and stream not only newly-generated WAL
> but also, if necessary, a base backup.  As I recall, he argued that
> without this functionality Streaming Replication would be far too
> difficult to administer for the majority of users.

The automatic transfer of a base backup is useful, but not essential.
So, I'm not planning to work on it until synch rep patch is committed
at least. IIRC, nobody argues that such a feature is indispensable
also to the first step. We should develop synch rep in stages?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center