Re: Build RPM from Postgres Source

От James B. Byrne
Тема Re: Build RPM from Postgres Source
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:37:19 -0700 (PDT)
> From: ktewari1 <cute.mee123@gmail.com>
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: Build RPM from Postgres Source
>
> Hi,
>     I need to have some different settings(like NAMEDATALEN  etc.)
> and that's why I'm trying to build postgres from the source and to
> create an rpm to be send for install.
>
> Now, the build works fine but, I don't see a way to create an RPM.
>
> I'll greatly appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks,
> Kul

You should take a look at mock,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock.  I wrote up a short intro
to this a little while ago. You can read it here:
http://byrnejb.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/building-ruby-1-9-3-for-centos-6-3/

Although the example is not postgresql the process remains much the
same on any RHEL derived distro regardless of the package.

Good luck.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3