Re: Unable to install postgresql and pgadmin

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Unable to install postgresql and pgadmin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/9/24 03:33, Innocent Ememe wrote:

Reply to list also.
Ccing list.

> Hello
> Thank you for your email, I’m getting the software from the official
> PostgreSQL.org website. I used to download command to install, my issues

If you mean here:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

that is the EDB Website. They build a installer for the Postgres server
as well as additional packages such as pgAdmin.

> lies with the stack builder actually. Once the PostgreSQL is done
> downloading the stack builder starts downloading and then quits
> automatically. The message is usually it has “stacker builder has quit
> automatically we will contact apple”

That is something you will need to take up with EDB as that is their
code. I don't know how to contact them directly. My suggestion would be
to post here:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-support/

There is likely to be more folks there that could point you in the right
direction.

> That’s why I wanted to find out if the software was compatible with my
> system.
>
> Cheers
> Innocent
>
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 at 16:42, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 1/8/24 00:23, Innocent Ememe wrote:
>      > Good morning,
>      >
>      > Hey I’ve been trying to install the postgresql and pgadmin
>     software on
>      > my Mac book for the past three days now and have been faced with
>     some
>      > issues and restrictions, that won’t allow the software to run. I
>     wanted
>      > to ask if your software is compatible with my MacBook Air 2012,  iOS
>      > version 10.15.
>
>     Where are you getting the software from?
>
>     Show the commands you are using to install.
>
>     What are the error messages you are getting?
>

>      > Looking forward to your reply
>      >
>      > Cheers
>      > Innocent