Re: Errors creating partitioned tables from existing using (LIKE) after renaming table constraints Поиск
От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Errors creating partitioned tables from existing using (LIKE) after renaming table constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Thanks for reviewing.

On 2018/12/16 16:27, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 11:19:16AM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
>> Thank you for looking.  I noticed that the previously posted patch doesn't
>> apply as is to branches before 11, so here are the patches that apply to
>> 9.4 to 10 branches.
>
> When renaming an attribute, renameatt_internal is in charge of
> invalidating the cache by using CacheInvalidateHeapTuple when running
> the catalog update in CatalogTupleUpdate.
>
> For constraint renames, we may finish by using RenameConstraintById or
> RenameRelationInternal.  And here the constraint is removed by OID where
> a invalidation happens for the constraint, but not its parent relation.
> In short I agree with your fix and its position, still I think that we
> should add a comment why the invalidation needs to happen, with
> something simple, like "Invalidate relcache so as others can see the new
> constraint name".

Yeah, a comment is indeed needed.

> I'll try to get that committed tomorrow and back-patched appropriately.

Thank you for adding the comment and committing. :)

Regards,
Amit

Сообщение: Re: Errors creating partitioned tables from existing using (LIKE) after renaming table constraints