Re: Fast default stuff versus pg_upgrade

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Fast default stuff versus pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 06/21/2018 12:39 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On June 21, 2018 9:04:28 AM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> This isn't really ready to go.  One clear problem is that you broke
>>> pg_dump'ing from any pre-v11 version, because you did not add suitable
>>> null outputs to the pre-v11 query variants in getTableAttrs.
>> Thought the same for a bit - think it's OK though, because there a check for PQfnumber being bigger than 0...
> It won't actually crash, but it will spit out lots of ugly warnings.

I followed the pattern used for attidentity. But why will it spit out
warnings? It doesn't ask for the missing stuff from an older version.

Incidentally, I just checked this by applying the patch and then running
through the buildfarm's cross version upgrade check. All was kosher.
Upgrade from all live branches to the patched master went without a hitch.

cheers

andrew