Re: Using scalar function as set-returning: bug or feature?

От Konstantin Knizhnik
Тема Re: Using scalar function as set-returning: bug or feature?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 09.02.2018 10:47, Sergei Kornilov wrote:
> Hello
>
>> select into b from my_insert('from func atx');
> You missed select something into b. For example,
> select ret into b from my_insert('from func atx') as ret;
>
> Using scalar function in from is not bug.
> Silent assigning NULL for variables in "into" not matches same in "select"... I think better would be raise warning.
>
> regards, Sergei
Thank you.
Really the problem is caused by empty source list for INTO.
If I rewrite query as

     select my_insert into b from my_insert('from func atx');

then it works as expected.
But I wonder if the original statement should be considered as error or
at least we should produce warning for such empty projections?

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company