Re: Windows XP to Win 10 migration issue

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: Windows XP to Win 10 migration issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Il 11/12/2017 14:37, Vincent Veyron ha scritto:
> On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 10:11:42 -0600
> Dale Seaburg <kg5lt@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>    No Go!  Would not start.
> Any error message in your logs?
>
> I would certainly second Scott's suggestion to check the processors. I've had to do what you describe once, and it
tookme four machines before I got one that would start postgresql with my rescued data folder.

> You might have better luck finding an old XP machine similar to your deceased one, installing postgresql on it, and
usingthat to start your cluster.

I'd take a peek into logs (maybe EventLog), it happened to me that the
postgres user in windows 10 did not have the permission to access data
directory. Setting the right permissions could make it start. Obviously
the processor architecture (32/64 bit) must be honored.

My 2 cent

От: Yogesh Sharma
Сообщение: Size of pg_multixact/members increases 11355
От: marcelo
Сообщение: Re: How to know if a database has changed