Re: Subject: Re: constrain with MATCH full and NULL values inreferenced table

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Subject: Re: constrain with MATCH full and NULL values inreferenced table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/12/19 10:06 AM, stan wrote:
> [...]
>> can use extra single column FK in a and/or b to  get them checked in
>> TA/TB, and also you can put non-null constraints on either on them.
>>
>> The exact combo depends on what you are trying to model, which gives
>> you what you want. I.e., say I want to:
>> 1.- check a,b combos.
>> 2.- Allow (a,null) but have it checked against ta.
>> 3.- Forbid (null,b)
>> 4.- Aloow (null, null)
>> You can use MATCH simple FK(a,b) against TAB for (1,4), single column
>> FK(a) against TA for(2)  and a check constraint (A is not null OR B is
>> null , If I'm not confused ) for (3,4).
>> ( Note you do not have to check b against tb, because if b is present,
>> a is present, a,b is checked against TAB and TAB.b is checked against
>> TB ).
>>
>> (match simple checks 1 and allows 2,3,4, FK(a) checks 2, and the check
>> constraint forbids 3)
>>
>> The DB deals with nulls in many way, you just have to enumerate your
>> conditions and elaborate on that.
>> Note in this case it FAILS to reject an entry if b is null, because I
>> dessigned it that way, but DOES REJECT if a is null and B is not.
>>

> Thank you.
>
> Testing seems to verify that I have this correct.
>
> I thought I would include what I came up with, so it gets in the archive.
> Some fields eliminated for clarity.
>
> The task_instance table is the one the original question was in reference
> to.
>
> CREATE TABLE employee (
>      employee_key            integer DEFAULT nextval('employee_key_serial')
>      PRIMARY KEY ,
>      id                     varchar(5)  NOT NULL UNIQUE ,
>      first_name             varchar  NOT NULL,
> );
>
> CREATE TABLE work_type (
>      work_type_key      integer DEFAULT nextval('work_type_key_serial')
>      PRIMARY KEY ,
>      type               smallint UNIQUE ,
>      descrip            varchar UNIQUE ,
>      modtime            timestamptz DEFAULT current_timestamp
> );
>
> CREATE TABLE rate (
>      employee_key       integer NOT NULL,
>      work_type_key      integer NOT NULL,
>      rate            numeric (5, 2) NOT NULL,
>      descrip            varchar ,
>      modtime            timestamptz DEFAULT current_timestamp ,
>      FOREIGN KEY (employee_key) references employee(employee_key) ,
>      FOREIGN KEY (work_type_key) references work_type(work_type_key) ,
>      CONSTRAINT rate_constraint UNIQUE (employee_key , work_type_key)
> );
>

> CREATE TABLE task_instance (
>      task_instance      integer DEFAULT nextval('task_instance_key_serial')
>      PRIMARY KEY ,
>      project_key        integer NOT NULL ,
>      employee_key       integer NOT NULL ,
>      work_type_key      integer NOT NULL ,
>      hours            numeric (5, 2) NOT NULL ,
>      work_start         timestamptz ,
>      work_end           timestamptz ,
>      modtime            timestamptz DEFAULT current_timestamp ,

Aren't the marked ones below redundant?:

>      FOREIGN KEY (employee_key) references employee(employee_key) ,
>      FOREIGN KEY (project_key) references project(project_key) ,
>      FOREIGN KEY (work_type_key) references work_type(work_type_key) ,
>      FOREIGN KEY (work_type_key , employee_key) REFERENCES rate (work_type_key , employee_key) MATCH FULL

They are covered above.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: stan
Сообщение: Subject: Re: constrain with MATCH full and NULL values in referencedtable
От: Олег Самойлов
Сообщение: wal receiver stops for 2 hour