Re: Query on WAL Optimization and Streaming Replication

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Query on WAL Optimization and Streaming Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2022-03-17 at 14:05 +0000, Shukla, Pranjal wrote:
> From the configuration we have, does it mean that the primary will retain 32 WAL's
> of 1 GB each and then start evicting the first WAL as soon as the last one gets filled?
> In layman's term, 32GB is huge amount of data and I don't think that much changes
> during upgrades. In fact the total size of our database is 56 GB. Is my understanding
> correct?
>
> wal_keep_segments = 32

No, it means that the last 32 WAL segments of size 16MB are retained,
that is 0.5 GB.

"max_wal_size" is not the size of a WAL segment.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Query on WAL Optimization and Streaming Replication
Сообщение: Re: Query on WAL Optimization and Streaming Replication