Query on WAL Optimization and Streaming Replication

От Shukla, Pranjal
Тема Query on WAL Optimization and Streaming Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general

During upgrades of our application, we generally shutdown all Secondary servers which are getting stream replicated from Primary Servers. This is to maintain a copy of database on other servers should we wish to revert (of course we take DB Backups too before starting the activity). After the application upgrade is done, when we start the secondary, often the replication is broken, and we need to again setup using pg_basebackup. How do we ensure that secondary is able to resume the replication without the need of base back up again?

Below are some of the WAL related settings:

shared_buffers = 48GB

wal_level = replica

max_prepared_transactions = 200

max_wal_senders = 5