Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 30/03/18 20:50, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2018-03-30 23:49:43 +0530, Nikhil Sontakke wrote:
>>> Quick thought: Should be simple to release lock when interacting with network.
>>
>> I don’t think this will be that simple. The network calls will
>> typically happen from inside the plugins and we don’t want to make
>> plugin authors responsible for that.
>
> You can just throw results away... ;). I'm not even kidding.  We've all
> the necessary access in the callback for writing from a context.

You mean, if we detect abort in the write callback, set something in the
context which will make all the future writes noop until it's reset
again after we yield back to the logical decoding?

That's not the most beautiful design I've seen, but I'd be okay with
that, it seems like it would solve all the issues we have with this.