Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-03-30 23:49:43 +0530, Nikhil Sontakke wrote:
> > Quick thought: Should be simple to release lock when interacting with network.
>
> I don’t think this will be that simple. The network calls will
> typically happen from inside the plugins and we don’t want to make
> plugin authors responsible for that.

You can just throw results away... ;). I'm not even kidding.  We've all
the necessary access in the callback for writing from a context.

> > Could also have abort signal lockers.
>
> With the decodegroup locking we do have access to all the decoding backend pids. So we could signal them. But am not
suresignaling will work if the plugin is in the midst of a network

> Call.

All walsender writes are nonblocking, so that's not an issue.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Petr Jelinek
От: Lukas Fittl
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Planning counters in pg_stat_statements