Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 10:58 -0700, Mark Dilger wrote:
> It is unclear that I can make ALTER SUBSCRIPTION..OWNER TO
> synchronous without redesigning the way workers respond to
> pg_subscription catalog updates generally.  That may be a good
> project to eventually tackle, but I don't see that it is more
> important to close the race condition in an OWNER TO than for a
> DISABLE.
>
> Thoughts?

What if we just say that OWNER TO must be done by a superuser, changing
from one superuser to another, just like today? That would preserve
backwards compatibility, but people with non-superuser subscriptions
would need to drop/recreate them.

When we eventually do tackle the problem, we can lift the restriction.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis