Re: Authentication & connection problems

От chris smith
Тема Re: Authentication & connection problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/1/06, chris smith <dmagick@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Here's the deal. For example, when trying to connect to an existing
> > databas, or even
> >  creating a new one with the command createdb [dbname],
> >  different error occurs.
>
> What errors exactly? We can't guess..
>
> >  Another example: when running the command psql,
> >  entering the password and hitting enter,
> >  the following error message occur:
> >
> >  psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "Christo"
>
> Unless you created the user as "Christo" you should use christo -
> postgresql is case insensitive unless you put it in quotes.

badly worded response there.

unless you put quotes around it, postgres turns it lowercase.

so Christo becomes christo ...

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: How would I write this query...
От: Teodor Sigaev
Сообщение: Re: Use of ISpell dictionaries with tsearch2 - what is