Re: Practical limit on number of tables ina single database

От chris smith
Тема Re: Practical limit on number of tables ina single database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/24/06, Just Someone <just.some@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating a hosted solution that I want to base on separation by
> schemas. So that each hosted family we will have, will have a schema
> assigned to it (and a user). On login I will set the search path, and
> so each family will see it's tables. This is all tested and works
> fine.
>
> But I would like to know if there's a practical limit to the number of
> schemas and tables I can have. Please note that I'm using table spaces
> to make sure the directories are manageable.
>
> I tested it so far with 13000 schemas and users, with 26 tables in
> each schema (a total of more that 330000 tables). It works perfectly,
> but I would like to know if someone has experience with this number of
> tables/schemas, and if there's a limit I should be careful of.

There's no real limit. See this recent thread for details:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2006-03/msg00082.php

and

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/greg/index.php?/archives/37-The-million-table-challenge.html

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

От: "Just Someone"
Сообщение: Practical limit on number of tables ina single database