Practical limit on number of tables ina single database

От Just Someone
Тема Practical limit on number of tables ina single database
Дата
Re: Practical limit on number of tables ina single database  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am creating a hosted solution that I want to base on separation by
schemas. So that each hosted family we will have, will have a schema
assigned to it (and a user). On login I will set the search path, and
so each family will see it's tables. This is all tested and works
fine.

But I would like to know if there's a practical limit to the number of
schemas and tables I can have. Please note that I'm using table spaces
to make sure the directories are manageable.

I tested it so far with 13000 schemas and users, with 26 tables in
each schema (a total of more that 330000 tables). It works perfectly,
but I would like to know if someone has experience with this number of
tables/schemas, and if there's a limit I should be careful of.

Bye,

Guy.

--
Family management on rails: http://www.famundo.com - coming soon!