Re: Postgres database encryption

От Kai Wagner
Тема Re: Postgres database encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey,

On 19/03/2024 14:22, Johnathan Tiamoh wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Good morning. Please I wish to find out the best way of encrypting a
> Postgres database.
>
> This could either be encrypting a whole database ( I don’t if this is
> possible), a specific table and a specific tablespace.

There is no default incore mechanism to do that. Depending on your treat
vector, OS-Level could be fine or you need to go with any of the incore
rebuilds available by some vendors.

We're currently working on another mechanism, which enables you to
encrypt on a table level. Of course, completely open source project,
available on GitHub https://github.com/Percona-Lab/pg_tde

Would be happy, if you can give it a shot, and share your thoughts and
feedback.

--
Kai Wagner
Sr. Engineering Manager, Percona