Обсуждение: Postgres database encryption

Postgres database encryption

От
Johnathan Tiamoh
Дата:
Hello,

Good morning. Please I wish to find out the best way of encrypting a Postgres database.

This could either be encrypting a whole database ( I don’t if this is possible), a specific table and a specific tablespace.

King regards
Johnathan T.

Re: Postgres database encryption

От
Greg Sabino Mullane
Дата:
What is your threat model? That will determine the best answer.

The easiest thing is to use OS-level encryption.

Cheers,
Greg

Re: Postgres database encryption

От
Kai Wagner
Дата:
Hey,

On 19/03/2024 14:22, Johnathan Tiamoh wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Good morning. Please I wish to find out the best way of encrypting a
> Postgres database.
>
> This could either be encrypting a whole database ( I don’t if this is
> possible), a specific table and a specific tablespace.

There is no default incore mechanism to do that. Depending on your treat
vector, OS-Level could be fine or you need to go with any of the incore
rebuilds available by some vendors.

We're currently working on another mechanism, which enables you to
encrypt on a table level. Of course, completely open source project,
available on GitHub https://github.com/Percona-Lab/pg_tde

Would be happy, if you can give it a shot, and share your thoughts and
feedback.

--
Kai Wagner
Sr. Engineering Manager, Percona

e: kai.wagner@percona.com
w: www.percona.com
Databases Run Better with Percona.

Re: Postgres database encryption

От
Ron Johnson
Дата:
Good morning. Please I wish to find out the best way of encrypting a Postgres database.

This could either be encrypting a whole database ( I don’t if this is possible), a specific table and a specific tablespace.

Look at PgSodium.  It might meet your requirements.

RE: Postgres database encryption

От
Zahir Lalani
Дата:
>On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 9:22 AM Johnathan Tiamoh <mailto:johnathantiamoh@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>

>Good morning. Please I wish to find out the best way of encrypting a Postgres database.
>
>This could either be encrypting a whole database ( I don’t if this is possible), a specific table and a specific
tablespace.

>Look at PgSodium.  It might meet your requirements.

We use PgSodium - works well and we can control down to field level