Vacuum Full

От Rafael Domiciano
Тема Vacuum Full
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello People,

I have some doubts about Vacuum Full. There We go:
1) The Only thing that Vacuum Full (Only Full, not Analyze) is to clean "dead space" on the disc, and reorganize the relation at the physical level?
If it's true, so doing this may speed up select's, while the Postgres will going to do less hit in the disc. I'm right?

2) Doing only Vacuum Analyze I have a enlargement of the parameter max_fsm_pages. Does it have any impact in the operation?
Should I increment the value in the conf to be so large than the Vacuum Verbose shows me?

3) There are differences in performace of Vacuum Full between versions 8.1.4 and 8.3.7?
As soon as possible we are going to migrate the Postgres to 8.3.7, just waiting the finish of the tests of the software in the new version.

4) The right way to run Vacuum and Reindex is: Vacuum and Reindex or Reindex and Vacuum?
Running Vacuum I have a Index Bloat, right?! So I have to run Reindex afet Vacuum?!
If true I'll change the script to make first Vacuum and then Reindex.

5) Does have any way to see how much is left to finish vacuum?
Example:
select * from vacuum_finish;
Relation   Total Bytes    Total Bytes Done      Total Bytes Remaining
Table01    1000             600                          400

Or Something like that!

Thnks for responses,

Rafael Domiciano