Solaris 9 + 7.4: error in initdb.

От Fabiàn R. Breschi
Тема Solaris 9 + 7.4: error in initdb.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear All,

I'm trying to get my db initialized in my newly installed 7.4 PG over
Solaris 9.0.

Everything runs fine since I try to initdb. The error message I get is:

"creating conversions...ERROR: could not load library
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/ascii_and_mic_so": ld.so.1:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres: fatal error: libgcc_s.so.1: impossible to
open: file or directory not found"

I have checked out that every single file is in path with proper
permissions. The environmental vars are okay as well.

I wonder if I'm against a compatibility problem regarding Solaris 9. I
have read through the INSTALL and Solaris_FAQ without finding any useful
info.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Fabian.