Re: Question about backing up PostgreSQL databases

От David C. Brown
Тема Re: Question about backing up PostgreSQL databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well, we currently use pg_dumpall and pipe it to a tar file.  It backups
up all data and the database schema.  So if a database goes down, I can
just pipe that file to pgsql and it will reload everything including all
tables, users, grant rights, etc.

There is also a company called Bakbone software that has a module for
their software that will backup PostgreSQL databases.  You can see it at
their website.  http://www.bakbone.com

Good luck,
Dave