Tables Without OIDS and its effect

От Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Тема Tables Without OIDS and its effect
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear all ,

I have created my tables without OIDS  now my doubts are :
1.  Will this speed up the data insertion process
2. Though I have not written any code in my any of the pgsql functions
which depend on OIDS
   1. Will without OIDS the functions behave internally differently
   2. Will my application break at any point
3. I decided to  work with out OIDS because
   1. It has a limit of  -2147483648 to +2147483647
   2 Due to this limitation I would not like to drop recreate my
database because it is a bit difficult/dirty process

All links and suggestion pertaining to OIDS are most welcome my mail box
is at your  disposal and dont  hassitate to
drop a two line comment.
My Sys Config:
RH                9.0
PostgreSQL  7.3.4