Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.4 gets killed by SIG_KILL [SOLVED]

От Magnus Naeslund(t)
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.4 gets killed by SIG_KILL [SOLVED]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff wrote:

> Do you have any system monitoring scripts that may be killing it as it
> may look like a "runaway" process?
>
> We've had this happen to us before. You tend to forget about things like
> that.

This got me thinking, and i rechecked all possibilities.
It turned out that we changed rlimit policies earlier and the "default"
cpu time limits bleeded over to postgres since it didn't have a negating
entry in the pam limits control.
Since the startup scripts use "su - postgres -c cmd" it "logged in" and
so got the now default cpu time values.

So it was only a mindbug, and thats good :)

Magnus