Sending a libpq C function variables through function call

От Kris Kiger
Тема Sending a libpq C function variables through function call
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

    I've got a function in PG set up, the libpq C call goes like this:

    PERFORM funcName(''t1'', ''t2'', ''t3'', ''t4'', NEW.someInteger,
NEW.someBoolean)

    funcName looks like this:

    create function funcName(text, text, text, text, int, boolean)
returns int as '/var/lib/postgres/CfileName.so', 'CfunctionName'
language 'C';

    the C function header accepts each of these arguments as
CfunctionName(char* name1, char* name2, char* name3, char* name4, int
variable1, bool variable2).  When I try to grab a value, say from name1,
I get nothing.  So, for some reason parameters are not being passed.
 I'm not sure if there is a good way to pass parameters through libpq,
or will I have to use something like SPI to grab them?  Use of libpq is
preferable, but not absolute.  I appreciate the input!

Kris