Re: Postgresql DB on a live cd

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Postgresql DB on a live cd
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Lucio wrote:

> This application uses a static (read-only, no insert, modify or delete) 200MB
> postgresql db, so can't put pgsql/data/base and pgsql/data/pg_xlog in ramdisk.

One thing I don't think I saw mentioned yet....I think certain queries
create temporary tables (or at least use some temporary space) so  ..../base/[whatevernumber]/pgsql_tmp
should be a symlink to something on the ramdisk as well.

(Kinda off-topic -- anecdotally it feels to me that some queries
go faster if I put /pgsql_tmp on a different device & disk controller.
If I verify this I'll post results to perform)
  Ron Mayer  rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com