Re: snort, acid and postgres

От Jeremy Hefner
Тема Re: snort, acid and postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, it usually takes atleast 15-20 minutes to get results back on a
database that has many alerts in it.  The system itself is dual pentium
4 1 GHZ with 1 GByte of RAM.  I have been talking to a few people and
they mentioned trying to update the memory space for which postgres uses
by tweaking freebsd and also postrgesql.conf itself?  I have done some
vacuuming on the database itself.  I guess I just need to optimize the
speed of the system as much as possible.

Jeremy