Re: ATA disks and RAID controllers for database servers

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: ATA disks and RAID controllers for database servers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff wrote:

>UNless the controller itself has a battery backed cache it is dangerous - there are many more failures than losing
power. Ie, blowing out the power supply or cpu.  We've burnt up a fair share of cpu's over the years.  Luckly on a Sun
itisn't that big a deal.. but on x86. wel... you get the idea.

Agreed. Power supply failure seems to be an ever present menace - had
one last month on a Sun E220, 3 years old - it's saying "replace me" :-)

regards

Mark

От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: ATA disks and RAID controllers for database servers
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: vacuum from ecpg