Re: Recomended FS

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Recomended FS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Maybe it is a little late to be posting on this thread - but I was doing
pgbench runs with a Raid 0 ATA system and thought the results might be
interesting.

So here they are : pgbench -c 5 -t 1000 -s 5, median of 3 runs on a
Dual PIII 700 512Mb 2x7200 RPM ATA 133  Promise TX200
(same method / Pg configuration parameters as Scott's):

2 disk Raid0 W0
66 tps

2 disk Raid0 W1
220 tps

I was expecting a slightly better result for W0 (write caching off),
mind you the point could be made that you get about half the performance
of the SCSI system - for about half the price.

And the W1 result - that's fast, when (or if)  that little power saving
capacitor arrives for these drives we could see performance, reliability
*and* economy....

regards

Mark