Problem in restoring data

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Problem in restoring data
Дата
Re: Problem in restoring data  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

 I face the following problem in transferring data from
pgsql 7.3.4 to pgsql 7.4 RC1 . I am piping the output of
pg_dumpall from 7.3 to 7.4 running on different port.

The problem is there is a gist index on txtidx type on a
non-public schema  and when search_path does not include
public  the index cannot be created.

I solution i have is to drop such  indexes temporarily before
dumping. Is that the only way ?

PS: i do not want to edit the (splitted) dump file , my database
is ~ 7 GB

regds
mallah.

CREATE INDEX intranet_byline_ed ON intranet_byline USING btree (edition);
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX iid_listing_userid ON iid_listing USING btree (userid);
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX intranet_company_category_name ON intranet_company USING
btree (category_name);
CREATE INDEX
*SET search_path = archives, pg_catalog;*
SET
CREATE INDEX site_search_gist ON site_search USING gist (keywordidx);
*ERROR:  data type public.txtidx has no default operator class for
access method "gist"*
HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a
default operator class for the data type.
SET search_path = data_bank, pg_catalog;
SET
CREATE INDEX profiles_pincode ON profiles USING btree (pincode);
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX profiles_city ON profiles USING btree (city);
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX profiles_branch ON profiles USING btree (branch_id);
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX profiles_area_code ON profiles USING btree (area_code);
CREATE INDEX