Re: Problem in restoring data

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem in restoring data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah@trade-india.com> writes:
>  I face the following problem in transferring data from
> pgsql 7.3.4 to pgsql 7.4 RC1 . I am piping the output of
> pg_dumpall from 7.3 to 7.4 running on different port.
> The problem is there is a gist index on txtidx type on a
> non-public schema  and when search_path does not include
> public  the index cannot be created.

There is a post-7.3.4 bug fix in the 7.3 branch for this mistake:

    * src/backend/utils/adt/ruleutils.c (REL7_3_STABLE): When dumping
    CREATE INDEX, must show opclass name if the opclass isn't in the
    schema search path.  Otherwise pg_dump doesn't correctly dump
    scenarios where a custom opclass is created in 'public' and then
    used by indexes in other schemas.

Since the bug is in the backend and not pg_dump, you can't escape it by
using the 7.4 version of pg_dump against the 7.3 server.  You could
recompile the server using the 7.3-branch-head version of ruleutils.c,
though.