Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] initdb in C

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] initdb in C
Дата
Список pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Yes, I was concerned too that everything was in there.  I checked the
>initdb.sh logs and found that the only thing not added was the checking
>of the max number of connections before checking the max number of
>buffers, which I added.  The other stuff was in there.  I also checked
>pg_id's recent changes and those were in there too.
>
>Andrew, I assume this was a new implementation of initdb, and not taken
>from an older initdb C implementation made by a company.
>
>This isn't really a patch but a C replacement of a critical shell
>script so there is reason to double-check things.

Yes, I worked from initdb.sh, not from any other source. It's "all my
own work" :-) I think I started with 1.201 and later upgraded to 1.203.

I agree it needs careful checking - the more eyeballs the better.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] initdb in C
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] initdb in C