Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] initdb in C

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] initdb in C
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> >Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
> >

> >>It passes all the regression tests.  I have also included a diff against
> >>Andrew's version so you can see my changes.  It seems Andrew had a very
> >>current version of initdb.  The only update he missed was the change to
> >>test the number of connections before shared buffers --- I made that
> >>change myself.
> >>

> >I had some concern about whether Andrew's rewrite had tracked all the
> >recent changes to the initdb shell-script sources.  Are you both
> >confident that it is up to date?
> >

> Yes. Bruce has picked up the one change I didn't track (revision 1.204).

Yes, I was concerned too that everything was in there.  I checked the
initdb.sh logs and found that the only thing not added was the checking
of the max number of connections before checking the max number of
buffers, which I added.  The other stuff was in there.  I also checked
pg_id's recent changes and those were in there too.

Andrew, I assume this was a new implementation of initdb, and not taken
from an older initdb C implementation made by a company.

This isn't really a patch but a C replacement of a critical shell
script so there is reason to double-check things.