Re: I feel a bit dumb, but getting a bit clueless

От Michiel Lange
Тема Re: I feel a bit dumb, but getting a bit clueless
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes, that's the one :)
Strange though that I really thought that I had done that first, but
that gave no results at all... might have had something to do with
double and single quotes ("Names"."NameID") is what I did now, and that
works, but 'Names.NameID' gave no results, but no error either... Left
me a bit clueless...
Thanks for the quick response tho!

Michiel

Jon Pastore wrote:

>wouldn't you want to do an inner join not a right join?
>
>something like:
>
>select names.*,groups.* from names,groups where groups.groupid=members.groupid and names.nameid=members.nameid
>
>I think a right join will match show everything in theright side of your test and fill with nulls where nothing exists
(unlessyou coalesce that)

>I use that with left joins all the time...for example I have an ISO:9000 module we designed for our software that
tracknon conformances assigned to each user so I select the count of non confomances assgined to them in a left join to
showall users ...an inner join would only show users with non conformaces assigned to them...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: close connection
От: Dani Oderbolz
Сообщение: OT: Re: pg_atoi: zero-length string