Re: close connection

От Oli Sennhauser
Тема Re: close connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Freddy Expósito Moreno wrote:

> I need to close all connections from one database and keep all
> connection from the other databases in my postgresql server.
>
> Can some body help me?

Hello Freddy

This could be a solution, but probably not a good/the best one:

1.) Mark out the database in pg_hba.conf, e.g.

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD
local   T740A       all                                             reject
local   all         all                                             trust

2.) Reload the cluster

pg_ctl reload -D $PG_DATA

or

pg_reload CLUSTER1   # with pg_env

Now no more new connections are possible

3.) Kill all processes which are related to your db

postgres@master:/u00/app/pgsql - rdbms740/template0> ps -fu postgres |
grep T740A
postgres 28375 27864  1 09:16 pts/1    00:00:00 postgres: postgres T740A
[local] idle

ps -fu postgres | grep T740A | grep -v grep | cut -d" " -f2 | \
while read pid ; do
  kill ${pid} 2>/dev/null
done

Regards Oli

Oli Sennhauser
Database-Engineer (Oracle & PostgreSQL)
Rebenweg 6
CH - 8610 Uster / Switzerland

Phone (+41) 1 940 24 82 or Mobile (+41) 79 450 49 14
e-Mail oli.sennhauser@bluewin.ch
Website http://mypage.bluewin.ch/shinguz/PostgreSQL/

Secure (signed/encrypted) e-Mail with a Free Personal SwissSign ID: http://www.swisssign.ch

Import the SwissSign Root Certificate: http://swisssign.net/cgi-bin/trust/import