Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases

От Oli Sennhauser
Тема Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David Green wrote:

>Marek Florianczyk wrote, on Thursday, 11/06/03:
>

>>... And my management says, that there is no good support for Open
>>Source, heh... ;)))
>>

>In my experience, there is better support for Open Source than
>Closed Source when it comes to development (and usually all around).

There are two different kinds of support: One is the support for
code/fixes. This is probably better in OSS. But there is also the
support for a product. And here is still a big gap. Many oracle, db2,
mssql, etc. consultants are available but only few OSS
consultants/companies which are able to help in case of problems.
They made a survey here in CH under top managers. And this is the answer
they gave: They do not know where to get support. E.g. there is no
company called PostgreSQL (Switzerland) Ltd.

Oli Sennhauser
Database-Engineer (Oracle & PostgreSQL)
Rebenweg 6
CH - 8610 Uster / Switzerland

Phone (+41) 1 940 24 82 or Mobile (+41) 79 450 49 14
e-Mail oli.sennhauser@bluewin.ch
Website http://mypage.bluewin.ch/shinguz/PostgreSQL/

Secure (signed/encrypted) e-Mail with a Free Personal SwissSign ID: http://www.swisssign.ch

Import the SwissSign Root Certificate: http://swisssign.net/cgi-bin/trust/import