Re: One machine connects, the other doesn't???

От Jeff
Тема Re: One machine connects, the other doesn't???
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Mallah

First I'll check to make sure it won't break my application and then
I'll have to learn how to back up my database and then perhaps I'll
start looking for the way to do an upgrade. Which means I'll be hanging
around for a while ;-)

Jeff

mallah@trade-india.com wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>I have postgresql 7.2.2-1 on "BACKEND".
>

> Although its not answer to your problem , but
> you shud *really* upgrade your PostgreSQL version
> to 7.2.4 version some serious bugs were fixed relating to possible
> data loss.
>
> Regards
> Mallah.
>

>>If I use "Shop"(192.168.24.5) I can connect using the command:
>>
>>psql mydatabase -h BACKEND -U ownerofmydatabase
>>
>>I am asked for the password and upon giving it all is well.
>>
>>BUT.
>>
>>If I use "Office"(192.168.24.4) and I try the same thing:
>>
>>psql mydatabase -h BACKEND -U ownerofmydatabase
>>
>>I get:
>>
>>psql: FATAL 1: No pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.24.4, user
>>ownerofmydatabase, database mydatabase
>>
>>My pg_hba.conf file has two lines
>>
>>local all trust
>>host all 192.168.24.0 255.255.255.0 password
>>
>>Any ideas???
>>
>>Jeff Roberts

>>checked our extensive FAQ?
>>
>>              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html

> Over 1,00,000 exporters are waiting for your order! Click below to get
> in touch with leading Indian exporters listed in the premier
> trade directory Exporters Yellow Pages.
> http://www.trade-india.com/dyn/gdh/eyp/

Сообщение: Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql