Re: another pg database corruption?

От pginfo
Тема Re: another pg database corruption?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Andrew,

Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 06:21:40PM +0100, pginfo wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am using pg 7.3.4 on linuz red hat 7.3 and reiserFS.
>
> How sure are you that your patch level for your kernel is good?  ISTR
> some issues with reiserfs on some versions of the recent kernels, but
> there've been so many filesystem problems with Linux over the last
> couple years that my recollection is probably not all it might be.

I do not have made any patchin on my kernel.I used the standart reiserfs
with my linux distro.
If it exists better filesystem I am ready to use it.
Also I have bad had bad results with ext3. In general I need journal file
system.

> Anyway, I would start wondering about hardware.  Try badblocks on
> your disk.  Note that to produce useful results, you may have to do
> the destructive tests.  You'll be wanting to back up your data first.

I can not:). If I try pg_dump the pg crashes.One of my problems is to
restore this data if  possible.
I have a cron script that makes pg_dump every 3 h., but it is not possible
to collect
the missing data, because we have many users.
From this position I spoke, that I need to be sure that pg is very stable.

> There have been occasional reports of clog files being destroyed --
> search the archives for some quick fixes, but note that you are
> likely to have some inconsistent data.

Any idea for fixing this data is wellcome. I will check the data
inconsistent.

>  So far, all the problems have
> been attributable to hardware, but nobody is ruling out a bug, if it
> is reproducable.

We used the system 30 days without any reboot or stop. The last one was for
java upgrade and do not any problems.We do not have any changes in hardware
( I will not say it is not hardware).

>  I think Tom Lane is especially interested in
> looking at cases like this; or he was last time I talked to him about
> it.

> --
> ----
> Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
> Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
> <andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8
>                                          +1 416 646 3304 x110

  regards,
ivan.