transaction-wraparound data loss

От Ari Jolma
Тема transaction-wraparound data loss
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Brian E. Pangburn asked some time ago about getting the warning

WARNING:  Some databases have not been vacuumed in over 2 billion transactions.
    You may have already suffered transaction-wraparound data loss.

while doing a routine vacuum. Tom Lane answered but did not have an
answer right away.

I got the same message from my redhat installed
postgresql-server-7.3.2-3. I tried a vacuum after this message and did
not get any warnings.

This is my pg_database.

template1=# select * from pg_database;
  datname  | datdba | encoding | datistemplate | datallowconn |
datlastsysoid | datvacuumxid | datfrozenxid | datpath | datconfig |
datacl

-----------+--------+----------+---------------+--------------+---------------+--------------+--------------+---------+-----------+-----------------
 clime     |    100 |        0 | f             | t            |
16974 |         3226 |   3221228699 |         |           |
 template1 |      1 |        0 | t             | t            |
16974 |         3449 |   3221228922 |         |           | {=,postgres=CT}
 template0 |      1 |        0 | t             | f            |
16974 |          427 |          427 |         |           | {=,postgres=CT}
(3 rows)

Regards,

Ari

**

--
Ari Jolma, Ari.Jolma@hut.fi, Professor of Geoinformatics
Cartography and Geoinformatics, Helsinki University of Technology