Re: pg_ctl reports succes when start fails

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: pg_ctl reports succes when start fails
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> If you don't use -w, then pg_ctl doesn't wait around to see whether the
> postmaster started or not.  It'd probably be a good idea for it to issue
> a less positive message in this case, maybe only "postmaster launched".
>
> I also wonder why -w isn't the default.

I've also noticed that on our production 7.3.4 server logging to syslog,
that if I change the postgresql.conf to enable log_statement, and then
do pg_ctl reload, it works, but then when I disable it again, pg_ctl
reload does not cause postgres to pick up the changes.

I haven't done too much investigation here in to the exact problem, but
there is something odd going on...

Chris

Сообщение: Re: pg_ctl reports succes when start fails
Сообщение: Re: pg_ctl reports succes when start fails