Re: limit the database size

От Rudi Starcevic
Тема Re: limit the database size
Дата
Re: limit the database size  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Wim,

It is possible to compile PostgreSQL so that it can keep each users
database in their home dir. ( or another dir. of your choice. )
Then you can put a quota on the user's home dir.

To do this the only way I know is to compile from source.
It was about 2 years ago I did this last so I've forgetten the compile
flags which you need
to pass in to 'configure' or 'make'.

You'll need to search the online installation docs or perhaps someone on
this list can point
out the required C flags.

I found this method works very well.
For Mysql we had to write scripts which regularly checked quota's and
disk size which was
no where need as elegent at PostgreSQL.

Hope this helps
Cheers